Aug 9, 2010

Americana




headscarf, old school AE.  grey bodycon dress, AA.  denim shirt, WetSeal.  black menswear vest, big brother's.  American flag choker, vintage.  feather necklace, WetSeal.  dogtags, boyfriend's.  chunky boots, ebay.  turquoise cross ring, Forever 21.  rose ring, vintage.

Photography by Angie Candell

One thing led to another....I perused Spanish Moss Vintage's blog for something like 5 broken up hours, started listening to The Felice Brothers and everything else that Pandora was telling me sounded like them, headed to Consignments on Center to satisfy the jewelry craving SMV had brought on and ended up spending $30 there.  Note that in a consignment store economy, 30 might as well be 300.  It was pure hedonism,  just like anytime I go thrifting for treasures.  I stood in front of the glass case that housed Consignment's barrage of wearable nick nacks, scanning, transfixed by the opiate aura of bangles beads and chains.   After awhile I realized there was a women standing on the other side of the case, waiting for me to point to something, anything.  I slowly looked up at her, glassy eyed and said hazily something like, "This stuff is like crack to me."  

Her smile flattened, eyebrows wrinkled, a look that was one part horror, and one part confusion, with a dash of sympathy.  

"Jewelry," I said, defying her damning expression.  I mean I stood in front of her with a ring on every finger, 4 plus necklaces, big feather earrings, and countless bangles.  Can you say context clues?  Not to mention my full head of hair, full mouth of white teeth, and what I like to think is a somewhat muscular physique.  Although I can't hold the presumption against her, she did give me my fix.

Part of that fix was this American flag choker.  Entering the shop with a head full of Americana inspirions a la Suzanna, the American flag caught my jewelry stoned eye immediately.  And around this little symbol of patriotism I styled the above outfit ripe with Americana.  Denim...check, shit kicker boots...check, Hendrix-like headscarf...check, super tight/super short...check check, and because they always remind me of eagles, feathers...check.  I kinda feel like I should say "Happy belated 4th" or something.


8 comments:

TASHA B said...

WOW THIS IS AMAZING!!!
LOVE THE HEADBAND AND YOUR RINGS!


KILLER



http://NOIRXXXX.BLOGSPOT.COM/

4464 said...

Drive carefully. It is not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker...................................................................

于庭吳 said...

If you can not be kind, at least have the decency to be vague...................................................................

Ans said...

Bloomin gorgeous!!
xxx

怡張樺怡張樺怡張樺 said...

Make yourself necessary to someone..................................................................

小草 said...

期待更新,要保持最佳狀況呦..................................................................

shail2chouhan said...

You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and beautiful. I rally like it & shared with my friends! hope u go for this website to increase visitor.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with AdFly and earn cash from every click on your shortened urls.

wibiya

Web Analytics