Jun 25, 2010

My Name is Volatile




fedora, Urban Outfitters.  cardigan, American Apparel.  denim overalls, thrifted.  striped crop top, thrifted.  boots, Harley Davidson.  aviators, thrifted. earrings, W'Erin Art X Erin Magoc.

Photography by Jeremy Zerbe

I'm a 90's kid, no doubt, and after conversing about spraying "overweight suburbanites" with orange soda a la live ICP, (note that the audience description are Spin's words, not mine)...we landed on the topic of a 90's fashion staple. No, not JNCO Jeans, although I'm sure I could get my hands on a pair of those via any now grown-up raver dude who continues to hold on to them like a bastion of glow-stick ecstasy bliss.  I'm talking about overalls, worn gangster style of course.  If worn correctly, one ends up looking like one of two things...under the age of five, or a hick.  If you are in either of those demographics I'm sure you look super-fly in symmetric double strapped overalls, but being the G that I am I had to go with one strap. 

My 90's nostalgia was topped off later this outfit's evening with the long anticipated start of 311's Unity Tour where my thirteen-year-old self's crush on Nick Hexum was re-realized at the drop of Amber.  In addition to every other Beautiful Disaster in the Amphitheater at Station Square, I swayed crooning along with the blue-eyed Nebraskan rocker to let him know that amber is the color of my energy too!   Please excuse my ultra tween-girl episode...I promise I made up for it in the mosh-pit.

Surrounded by the meatiest of meaty 311 fans, the front lines were a raucous sweat stew of jumping, elbowing, pushing, and the random stray crowd surfer's butt cheeks.  All totally enjoyable when indulged to the sounds of Eons, Beyond the Grey Sky, and Homebrew just to name a few of the set-list's highlights.  After the killer encore of Omaha Stylee and the shout-out to old schoolers with Down, the crowd fizzled to an empty lot reminiscent of that scene in Almost Famous when Penny Lane is dancing to the The Wind.  Drenched in the sweat of everybody there, including the band's...the state of sleeping willingly far from our minds as a result of too few over-priced Miller High-Lifes and Newcastle NutBrowns, we left Station Square to relive the show in our heads til 8:16am...





9 comments:

林志宏 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。....................................................................

FashionJazz said...

Amazing pics!!!! xx

yolanda said...

!!!!Gorgeus pictures!!!!
have a nice weekend and thanks for your nice coment

acrosstheshoreline said...

I LIKE!!

michelle_ said...

LOOKING GORGEOUS AS ALWAYS !
i love your denim romper very much !
i love how the picture is taken from an angle below !

Raez said...

love the outfit, the shades and glasses are hot!

xx raez

怡文蔡 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。......................................................................

Elaine said...

That's awesome you were able to see 311! and yes... you're totally a gangsterrrrr. Love the pics!! Your legs look miles long in the fifth.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Anonymous said...

dis is my favourite

wibiya

Web Analytics