Feb 16, 2010

Fuck that, this is my parking spot...



boyfriend blazer, Forever 21. hoodie, boyfriend's. dress, American Apparel.  thigh-high socks, American Apparel. 
photos by Erin Magoc

I'm not sure what's going on in the residential side-streets of the rest of the snow debilitated Northeast, but here in Pittsburgh, the term 'parking-wars' has a whole new, and very school-yard like meaning.  Childish car-owners all over the city have been calling dibs, and saving spots carved out of the mountainous remains of the perpetual ass rapping that is the winter of 2010, using lawn and folding chairs as wimpy declarations that they shoveled snow, and therefore own a piece of the street.  I have mixed feelings on the whole situation, this is however my chair, and it is in the spot that Darren pulled out of this morning, and when I got home from class this evening, it was sitting atop a nearly 5 foot tall hill of ice and snow, replaced by some asshole's tiny two door car.  Trap it with the removed snow?  Eh, I'm really not that ambitious.
Honestly, I'm so beyond being sick of the weather, that I think for the first time in my life, I don't even care about the cold.  No more dread leaving the house to face a 2 degree windchill, or fear of time standing still while waiting for the already, incessantly tardy 54C, or even anger for the fact that I can't wear heels.  It actually kinda just makes me want to take up snowboarding.

16 comments:

美利 said...

逛到你的部落格,第一個感覺就很好,希望每次更新都是美好的開始,也祝你天天都都開心喔........................................

Haute World said...

For what it's worth, you do manage to look great without too many layers considering the snow! Love the plaid, the dog tags and the boots! It's not as bad over here, but I can't be bothered with piling on cardigans and a coat anymore.

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

that's brave going out in the snow for a photo shoot...you did a great job pulling it all together while making the outfit practical for the cold.
xox alison

Eri said...

Great outfit, I really like the whole grunge look which is going to come back soon.

Take care.

dust said...

Sitting on the chair in the snow... You gotta see it to believe it.

Dusty Rose Vintage said...

i'm all for the chair!!!! when i lived in philly everyone did it and if you parked yr car in some else's hard earned spot, you'd be lucky to find yr car in one piece when you came back.

THE DIVINITUS said...

maybe if they stop feeding the big rat, then he will stop predicting weeks of winter, lol.
btw i didnt accomplish much a far as magazines, i looked at some but was too busy to make the final decision...

Wrecked Stellar said...

Rad shots and love the look esp. the thigh-highs! I definitely do not miss living in Jersey because of the weather/snow!! Hope you can make it to my slumber party- send me your photo :) ! xo, Mel

Chasing Cherries said...

Awesome outfit! Love the pictures in the snow!

Anonymous said...

pretty bomb picture for having a damp ass

Empress said...

omg, love your rings, photography work here is hot.

If you like fashion blogs, and you have a second check mine out! http://truequeen.com

Thanks
-Empress

dust said...

Harold, come back!

焦唐馬朵 said...

感謝是愛心的第一步........................................

Clare said...

LOVE the thigh high socks, need to get me some of those...

Thanks for the sweet comment :)

iliketweet.blogspot

x

Kitschmoog said...

Great pics ! good mood ! nice combinations of outfits.

Angierella said...

As on chictopia and Lookbook , I love your style !

wibiya

Web Analytics