Dec 3, 2009

Just When I Said I Was Getting Bored With Fashion....



source MB 

The Galaxy Dress is part of the "Fast Forward: Inventing the Future" exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chi Town.  I have no words for this dress, it is just awe inspiring, which is attributed in part to the eerie Pans Labyrinth-esque music played and the lighting of the room, but still I just wonder what it feels like on with all of those factors working around you.  I find it ironic that a vision of future fashion involves electrical gluttony.  The dress boasts 24,000 color LED lights which is better than incandescent but still, that energy's gotta come from somewhere. 

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I wonder if you'll have to carry a battery pack underneath it or something? It would be a very heavy dress then!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Side Street Style said...

Wow that dress is amazing....I could watch is for ages....very interesting...but I also wonder about the battery pack - imagine a solar powered one....I would love to see this out on th streets of London or Paris

Laura
xxx

Tony Wang said...

These were the same people who made the shirt that lets you hug people virtually by having the clothing simulate a hug! These guys really are innovating. =]

Sonia said...

Wow that is amaaazing!

Have linked you, it would be lovely if you would link my blog too :)

http://dozendresses.blogspot.com

Anna Israel said...

This is awesome! Reminds me of some fiber optic clothes I wrote about in October...

wibiya

Web Analytics