Oct 7, 2009

Clothes that I can wear to my boyfriend's grandma's house...and more.


source Style.com

Ok, so the leather hot pants probably wouldn't count as grandma proof,  but a lot about this line is very business casual, or polished day wear.  The knee length collared secretary dress is very Mad Men-esque and if I worked in an environment in which I need to look a certain way, I would definitely wear it.  The androgyny of this collection definitely speaks to the white collar working women.  And it does so by creating very boyish versions of some of this season's trends.  Hannah MacGibbon's take on the over-sized blazer is slightly more boyish and less angular and defined than say, Akris
The ponchos and ethereal white dresses on the other hand are kind of nonsense if the collection is a working women's manifesto.  However, those are my favorite pieces so I can't even knock the delineation from cohesiveness.  I'm also pretty sure that that last white dress is my future wedding dress. :)

4 comments:

Lori said...

thanks for the comment!

chloe wasn't my favorite collection, some pieces i did like but overall it was a bit underwhelming. their collections from 07 were great though!

kirstyb said...

quite liking it can defo wear during the day! lol and to grandmas xoxox

The Man Who Knew Too Much said...

I love the muted colours and boy cuts.

Monika P. said...

i don't know why, but I adore Chloe;)

http://jeadorefashion.blogspot.com

wibiya

Web Analytics